1) A tree breaks due to storm and the broken part bends so that the top of the tree touches the ground making an angle 60 with the
1) A tree breaks due to storm and the broken part
bends so that the top of the tree touches the
ground making an angle 60 with the ground. The distance from the foot of the tree to the point where the top touches the ground is 20 metres. Find the height of the tree
2) Two electric poles of equal heights are opposite to each other on either side of a road. Width of the road is 100 metres. The angle of elevation of the point between two poles on the road to the top of the poles are 30 and 60″. Find the height of the pole and the distance of that point from
3) A straight road leads to the foot of a tower of height 50 metres. From the top of the tower the angle of depression of two cars standing on the
road are 30 and 60″ What is the distance between the two cars?
4) An observer at a distance of 60 metres from a tree makes an angle or elevation of 30 with the top of the tree. What is the height of the tree?
5) From the top of a building of height 45 metres an observer looking at a car on the road makes an angle of depression 60″ Find how far is the car from the building