m 4. A garden is 120 m long and 85 m wide. It has an inside path of all around it. The remaining part of the garden is covered by
4. A garden is 120 m long and 85 m wide. It has an inside path of
all around it. The remaining part of the garden is covered by grass. Find the cost of
covering the garden by grass at 50 paise per square metre.
5. Calculate the area of the shaded region in the Fig. 11.3.
6. A rectangular lawn measuring 50 m by 36 m is surrounded externally by a path which
is 2 m wide. Find the area of the path. Also calculate the cost of levelling of the path at
16 per m2
7. A painting 40 cm long and 28 cm wide is painted on a cardboard such that there is a
margin of 2 cm along each of its sides. Find the total area of the margin.
8. Each side of a square flower bed is 3 m 80 cm long. It is extended by digging a strip
50 cm wide all around it. Find the area of the enlarged flower bed and also the increase
in the area of the flower bed.